- Paste the list into a Word document
- Select the list and convert it to a table
How to convert a list to table
Read about data sheparding
- Sort on first column
How to sort a table
- Copy table to clipboard
- Paste into cell A1 of a blank Excel worksheet
- Select the cells containing the dates
- Use Format Cells to format them as dates with the type '*Wednesday, March 14, 2001'
- Copy the range of cells to the clipboard and paste back into Word
- Use Drag and Drop to transpose the first (dates) and second (names) columns
How to transpose table columns
- Covert the table back to a list with names and birthdays separated by dashes
How to convert a table to a list
Done! In less than a minute (with practice).