Italian Meat loaf
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- Put bread in large mixing bowl. Pour 1 cup of water over it and let stand a few minutes. Mash bread very fine with fork or fingers.
- Add meat, finely chopped onion, chopped parsley, cheese, slightly beaten egg, salt, and pepper.
- Mix ingredients and mold into loaf. Place loaf in baking dish and dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce over the loaf after 30 minutes and sprinkle with oregano.
- Continue baking for 20 minutes.
Bake for 50 minutes at 375 degrees F.